Tipping competition options
- Points for tipping a win/draw: the default number of points given for
tipping the correct result. You may want to use this to provide a bonus
for tipping draws. Note that this might not be the actual
number of points given, due to game-by-game point multipliers that
may be used - see the run down of this given on the
fixtures reference page for more info.
- Allow draws to be tipped: obvious. If this option is not selected,
then a box will appear asking if you want to treat a draw as a win
for tipping purposes (they will get the same number of points as for a win).
- Bonus points for a perfect round: if a tipster tips every result
correctly (not including the margin, only selecting the winning team, or
a draw), then they get this many extra points added to their total
- Default tip when single game or part of round missed:
self-descriptive. The options are the home team, the away team, a draw,
or no tip. The default margin to the right of this box can be
used to select a default winning margin if applicable.
- Max margin: the maximum selectable winning margin for a game. Any
winning margin greater than this will be rounded down to the margin
- Bonus points for tipping exact margin in every game in a round:
if a tipster tips the correct winning team and winning margin for every
margin game in a round, they will get this many bonus points.
- Default tip for each game when entire round missed:
this overrides the above option if no tips are entered for a round.
Note that if you have games where a margin is required, but someone doesn't
tip (and hence doesn't supply a margin) then they will be assigned the default
margins as follows:
- Zero: no points
- Lowest score: the lowest score of all tipsters for that round,
- Lowest minus one: obvious
- All home teams: the home team is tipped for each game
- All away teams: the away team is tipped for each game
- All draws: draws are tipped for each game
- Average score: the average (mean) score of all tipsters that tipped
at least once in that round, rounded down
- Average minus one: obvious
- All home teams: as if they tipped all home teams by (default margin) points
- All draws: (default margin) times number of margin games
- All away teams: as if they tipped all away teams by (default margin) points
- Any other option: (default margin) points
- Entry fee: the fee payable to enter the tipping competition
- Weekly prize type: the method of allocating the weekly prize.
Note that you must tip at least once in a round to win the prize! Choose from:
- No weekly prizes
- Perfect round: all tips correct
- Most tips and closest margin: highest number of tips of all tipsters in that
round, and the lowest margin error for games where margins are required.
- Most tips: highest number of tips of all tipsters of the round
- Most points and closest margin: highest score of all tipsters in that round,
and the lowest margin error for games where margins are required. Remember
that points are not necessarily the same as tips!
- Most points: highest score of all tipsters for that round.
- Closest margin: closest margin in that round, irrespective of the number
- If choosing an option involving margins doesn't give the result you
expect, the "problem" may be addressed in the FAQ.
- Tiebreaker method: used in the event of a tie for the weekly prize.
- Jackpot to next round: this round's prize will be allocated to next
- Split evenly: all eligible tipsters win an equal portion of the prize
- Add to end of season pool: put the money aside until the end of the
season. Next round's prize is unaffected
- End of season prizes: money allocated to tipsters in each position
at the end of the season. To allocate prizes for a position, select the
position from the drop box and fill in the boxes underneath. The base
prize is the guaranteed amount that will be won, and the leftovers is
the sum of the weekly prizes that were allocated to the end of season
prize pool. In the event of a tie for a place, the prizes that would have
been allocated to those tipsters will be shared evenly.
- Cutoff time for sending tips: if ticked, then any tips sent to
footytips.net will not be accepted
after the start of the first game of the round. If this box is not ticked,
then tipsters have until the start time of each game to send tips, or
if you have chosen not to worry about game times, then tips will be accepted
whenever they are sent, regardless of if this box is ticked.
Wests Tipping Software
Version 1.4.5 29/05/2011 (Version history)
Wests © 2003-11 Daniel Wedge