Version 1.4.5 (29/05/2011)
Version 1.4.4 (17/05/2008)
- Added: the number of rounds in a competition can now be changed.
- Fixed: bug where a combination of blind rounds and using average score for missing tips causes a crash.
- Fixed: crash when entering some scores using AFL score format.
- Fixed: you can no longer enter results for a match before you have selected the teams.
Version 1.4.3beta (13/04/2008)
- Added: Complete/uncomplete all matches option in Fixtures window.
- Added: User now prompted for base file output directory when starting a new competition (long overdue!)
Version 1.4.2beta (30/07/2007)
- Fixed: sendtips.php dates no longer contain colons which caused read errors.
- Fixed: sorting tipsters after adding tipsters causes newly added tipsters to disappear.
- Fixed: tipsters with the same name can no longer be added under some circumstances.
- Fixed: tipsters can no longer be created/modified with empty names.
- Fixed: some incorrect team names being displayed in match results window.
Version 1.4.1 (28/03/2007)
- Added: option to sort all tipsters alphabetically.
- Added: matches in each round are now sorted chronologically when they are added or updated.
- Added: ability to delete games.
- Added: option to list winning margins for all matches on tips pages.
- Added: different methods for entering scores for Aussie Rules matches (see League options).
- Fixed: obscure error in computing margins for people that don't tip in a whole round and the away team in a margin game wins by more than the default margin.
- Changed: Most popular tips (formerly Favourites) listed in correct win/loss colours on tips pages and shown on the row under the winners, and total tips shown.
- Changed: Points multipliers in the Fixtures/Results window can now be set to zero for a game if you don't want the results of that match to count in the tipping competition.
Version 1.4.0 (02/01/2007)
- Fixed: full names and abbreviations must be different for venue names again.
- Fixed: tips shouldn't be showing as late when sent to footytips.net if you are not saving game start times.
- Fixed: all tips deleted when importing tipsters via a users file.
- Added: option to toggle visibility of link back to index page in each HTML page.
- Added: _FILETYPE_ substitution in output options.
- Added: favourites (most popular tip) now listed on tips pages.
- Added: option to list tipsters without email addresses in the drop down box available on on fixtures pages.
Version 1.3.4 (07/08/2006)
- Added: option to choose to display drop down list of tipsters or not on fixtures pages.
- Added: option to import a list of tipsters from a users file.
- Added: options to customise "Home team", "Away team" and "points" text.
- Added: option to make all rounds visible (non-blind).
- Added: option to globally set points multipliers for a selected team.
- Fixed: Points multipliers must now be greater than zero.
- Fixed: Daylight savings now handled correctly.
- Changed: file output options have been shuffled around into a more logical structure.
- Changed: Tipsters must now have unique names.
Version 126.96.36.199 (26/07/2006)
- Added: option to display tipping ladder in blind rounds (minus the stats for the blind round of course!)
- Fixed: links to other generated files are now correct if file extension is not the default "html".
Version 1.3.3 (24/07/2006)
- Fixed: counting a draw as a correct tip now also works for when tipsters don't tip.
Version 1.3.2 (15/07/2006)
- Added: Weekly prize options for most points in a round, and most points and closest margin, and closest margin only in a round.
- Added: Option to count a draw as a correct tip if tipsters aren't allowed to tip draws.
Version 1.3.1 (03/07/2006)
- Fixed: crash when writing index file (since v1.3.0)
- Changed: redesigned file loading screen
Version 1.3.0 (20/06/2006)
- Added: confirmation box when deleting a tipster.
- Added: summary column for tips by team on tipster stats pages.
- Added: in headers, Version history is replaced by the title of a page (eg, Round 13).
- Fixed: boxes for custom headers and footers now scroll (oops!)
Version 1.2.5 (07/05/2006)
- Added: round by round tips per team on Tipster stats pages.
- Added: extra field to save information on games (eg, goal kickers, links to stats pages, etc).
- Added: ability to customise headers and footers of pages
- Added: ability to change file extensions of saved HTML pages
- Added: ability to rename the name of the generated index file
- Added: FTPing files now includes transfer of index file
- Added: users of footytips.net's hosting can now choose for tipsters to notify them of double points rounds when they submit their tips
- Fixed: saving incorrect ground when creating fixtures if you have added grounds that weren't existent in last season's competition (exotic bug!)
- Changed: default tips not shown on tips pages if that game has not been played yet.
Version 1.2.4 (14/04/2006)
- Added: option to add bonus points for tipping the margin exactly.
- Changed: tipping ladder data now shown for blind rounds.
Version 1.2.3 (05/04/2006)
- Added: option to show last round's margin error and average margin error on tipping ladder.
- Added: links back to index.html from fixtures, tipping, ladder pages etc.
- Fixed: margin errors incorrectly calculated for some tipsters when they miss a round.
- Changed: administrator password can be used to reset tipsters' passwords.
- Changed: saving HTML files should be quite a bit faster now.
- Changed: some default values.
Version 1.2.2 (04/04/2006)
- Fixed: league ladder sorting error introduced in v1.2.2
Version 1.2.1 (09/03/2006)
- Fixed: entering a tipping string into the box now works again.
- Fixed: night game threshold saved properly.
- Fixed: trail by amounts on tipster pages sometimes being wrong in double points rounds.
- Changed: commas no longer allowed in any names.
- Changed: tipsters without emails not included in users file or list of tipsters on fixtures pages.
- Changed: sorting algorithm for ladders, should be faster for large competitions now.
Version 1.2.0 (08/03/2006)
- Fixed: access violation when saving results sometimes.
- Fixed: error writing index and season fixtures files when no directory is specified.
- Changed: menu layout.
- Changed: default base output directory.
Version 1.1.6 (15/11/2005)
- Added: support for Windows' plain FTP client.
- Added: import tips file option in Tips Entry window.
- Added: option to save an index HTML file with links to various other generated pages.
- Added: ability to list teams with a bye on fixtures pages.
- Added: option to refuse tips sent over the net after the start time of the first game of the round.
- Fixed: blind rounds now saved properly.
Version 1.1.5 (19/04/2005)
- Fixed: Double points counter not being updated on tipping ladder if tipster doesn't tip in their double round.
- Fixed: Weekly prize now displayed on tipping ladder correctly in final round (total season winnings not affected).
Version 1.1.4 (09/03/2005)
- Added: full season fixture output option.
- Added: maximum winning margin option.
- Added: option for drop-down list of selectable margins on web pages (thanks again Shaun).
- Added: option to display number of double points rounds used on tipping ladder.
- Changed: percentage listed as 0% when for and against scores are both 0 (mathematically incorrect, I know, but publically accepted).
- Changed: teams on exactly same position on ladder sorted forward alphabetically instead of reverse.
Version 1.1.3 (06/02/2005)
- Fixed: not saving on first exit for new filename if not previously saved.
- Changed: my email address.
- Changed: tipping script (subject line).
Version 1.1.2 (20/12/2004)
- Fixed: default output directory names sometimes causing problems (removed trailing slash).
- Fixed: removed extra </td> tag at the end of each row in team fixtures/results pages (thanks Shaun).
- Fixed: help files now open when using Mozilla Firefox.
- Changed: default value of URL to send tips to (output options).
- Changed: email and website text now selectable.
- Changed: program icons.
- Changed: images in help files so AFL teams are not shown.
- Removed: AFL scoring modes, and in turn removed AFL quarter-by-quarter scoring stats, and AFL for/against columns in league ladder.
- Removed: preset competition types when setting up a new competition.
- Removed: donation button.
- Removed: picture in main window.
Version 1.1.1 (15/06/2004)
- Fixed: infinite loop when deleting last tipster.
- Fixed: files not opening properly from the main screen when using Mozilla Firefox.
- Changed: margins are calculated and shown on tipping ladder and tips results independent of weekly prize choice (used to have to choose closest margin option).
- Changed: drop down boxes are now larger to reduce scrolling through teams etc.
Version 1.1.0 (02/05/2004)
- Fixed: Trail column on tipster stats now shows correct number for the leader when they don't tip.
- Fixed: Margin displayed on tipping ladder now includes default margins when no tip is entered (for game or round).
- Fixed: Default margin not being displayed on tips sheet when someone doesn't tip for a margin game.
Version 1.0.3 (29/03/2004)
- Added: delete tipster function.
- Added: ability to use results archive from previous seasons, and display required number of past results.
- Added: balance sheet for showing prize allocations (or worst case where weekly prizes may not be allocated).
- Added: next season functionality so you can create an archive of game results and don't need to enter teams/grounds each season.
- Changed: full names and abbreviations for grounds must be different.
- Fixed: not adding default margin to tipsters' total margin error when rounds are missed.
- Fixed: more tables not being centred under Netscape/Mozilla.
- Fixed: links now work if you don't put a trailing / after directory names in output options.
- Fixed: listing completed games as uncompleted in fixtures pages causing sendtips.php to fail.
- Fixed: having to have psftp in same directory as data file (now it works only when it's in the same place as wests.exe).
- Fixed: tipsters that tip "No Tip" not getting the default tips (for that game, or the entire round as the case may be).
Version 1.0.2 (09/03/2004)
- Changed: sendtips.php no longer loads the stylesheet on my website!
- Fixed: tables in HTML pages not being centred under Netscape/Mozilla.
- Fixed: subdirectory name issues when using quick links buttons.
- Fixed: displaying -1% on team quarter-by-quarter scores when no home/away games have been played.
- Fixed: tipping strings rejected when margin games are involved.
Version 1.0.1 (01/03/2004)
- Added: tips last round and tips total fields on tipping ladder.
- Changed: when entering new fixtures, selects new game upon saving a new game.
- Changed: when entering tips, automatically jumps to next uncompleted game on saving a tip.
- Fixed: allowing tips entry on tips screen when no tipster selected.
- Fixed: not allocating correct number of points (if multiplier is not 1) where whole rounds are missed.
- Fixed: entering empty team/ground/round names and abbreviations no longer allowed.
- Fixed: if selected, old filename used for writing a new competition's data.
- Fixed: toggling completed check box records change, even if game is then not saved.
- Fixed: display problems where buttons etc are shown in different parts of the screen, and related problem where drop down box arrows change to '6's.
Version 1.0.0 (28/02/2004)
- Changed: user now prompted for password when creating new file.
- Fixed: needing to click twice on quick links buttons if files don't exist yet.
- Fixed: psftp not handling files containing spaces in the path name.
Wests Tipping Software
Version 1.4.5 29/05/2011 (Version history)
Wests © 2003-11 Daniel Wedge