footytips.net Forum Index footytips.net
Get help for Wests, or just talk footy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cricket - it's just not footy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Wedge
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Cricket - it's just not footy Reply with quote

I'm running a cricket tipping concept competition shortly for the Champions Trophy. If you're interested in joining or having a look at how it works (with regards to determining winning margins) for setting your own comp up, head on over to http://cricketslime.net/tipping/champions06/
themit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when one signs up, does it list their name into a mySQL database which then hooks it back to you for entering into Wests or is it all online?
Daniel Wedge
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty simple. The registration form just creates the equivalent of a users file (the same as what Wests creates). I'm adding a function to Wests to import a list of users from the users file on the server to save me from entering everyone's names and passwords into Wests (I don't actually see the passwords at all this way). This will be handy for people running competitions with lots of people...

Since registrations are open until the start of the first round, I have changed the tip submission form so that the user has to type their name into a text box when they tip instead of selecting the name from a drop down list (because we don't know who will be in this list until after the start of the comp), this is now an option in Wests. So once registrations are closed, and all the tipsters' names are known, you can tell Wests to use the drop down list of names again.

I'll post the registration script here and release a new version of Wests with the import feature some time before the next footy season or if you want to run your own competitions over summer, let me know and I can sort it out a bit sooner.
themit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Md5 is good.
I am getting into the world of PHP and mySQL as well as text file reading. It is good that Wests provides a soulotion where a database isn't needed for those like me who don't have one.

Having a text box is better on that page so that outsiders can't get in and attack people who choose not to have passwords.

I reccomend that Wests generates a file which always uses the advaced users file option (Name,Password md5, Email,how much they have paid etc..
Daniel Wedge
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think that now is as good a time as any to change Wests to create the advanced users file with more info, as it's between seasons and it shouldn't break anyone's scripts that they use.

Happy programming! Smile
Lancelonas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi buddies Cricket is my favorite game, i am all rounder, played on 5th position and vice captain of my team.My team name is Black tigers.
Beaumontee

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing such a good information with us. I have checked the link. the link for the cricket championship is awesome.
Hubertes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to play cricket but i don't know how to play cricket therefore can any one help me in playing cricket.
Scotte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for providing me this information that's really very interesting and i also have visited your link that's marvelous
LamontLeb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in a pickle my friend. I hope you made some progress over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    footytips.net Forum Index -> Free-for-all All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: